Here to Serve Our Community
RRCU is proud to be your certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
We’re dedicated to helping families finance their first homes, supporting members starting businesses, and investing in our schools.
We strive to foster economic opportunity for the individuals, businesses and communities we serve.
Our certification is provided by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Community Development Financial Institutions Fund.
- We promote community development
- We provide specialized financial products, services, and financial education
- We serve Low-to-Moderate Income borrowers in federally-designated Investment Areas
- We work with community partners to provide financial education programs, improving the quality of life in the communities we serve
River Region Credit Union responds to the needs of our community through these CDFI-Ready Products:
- Payroll CDs to help our members achieve their savings goals
- Share-Secured MasterCards to establish or build credit
- Risk-Based Lending to find ways to say “yes” to borrowers with less than perfect credit scores
- Green Mortgage Lending Program to help borrower’s reduce utility bill costs
- Partners in Education to promote financial literacy
To learn more about CDFIs, you can visit the U.S. Treasury.